How to Report a Change | Washington Healthplanfinder

Washington Healthplanfinder is down for maintenance and has limited capabilities. We expect to be back online within a few hours. Get Maintenance updates.

How to Report a Change

Once you have coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder, you should report changes to your income, household, address, and health coverage eligibility as soon as possible. Reporting changes is important so your information stays up to date and so that you get the right amount of financial help. The easiest way to report changes is through your account online.


Changes You Should Report When the System is Back Up

You should report the changes below within 60 days from the date of the event.



  • Someone in your household has an increase or decrease in monthly income by at least $150 
  • If your household income changes weekly or every two weeks, only report the total income change for the month. Learn more about reporting income.


Health Coverage

  • Someone in your household is getting coverage through their employer
  • Someone in your household is getting coverage from a public program, such as Washington Apple Health or Medicare
  • Someone in your household is losing or has lost coverage


Household Changes

  • Someone in your household had a baby or adopted a child
  • Someone in your household is pregnant
  • Someone in your household got married or divorced
  • A child on your health plan is turning or has turned 26 years old
  • Someone in your household has died
  • A dependent has been added or removed from your household
  • Someone in your household is moving
  • Corrections to a name, date of birth, or Social Security number


Other Changes


Why You Should Report Changes

  • If your income goes up or you lose a member of your household: You may qualify for less financial help than you’re getting now. If you don’t report the changes, you could be required to pay money back when you file your federal tax return for the year.
  • If your income goes down or you gain a household member: You could qualify for more financial help than you’re currently getting. This could lower the amount you pay in monthly premiums. You could also qualify for free coverage through Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).
  • If your change qualifies you for a special enrollment period: Some life changes, such as getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage, qualify you for a special enrollment period. This means you can shop for a new plan.


How to Report Changes

Sign into Your Account When the System is Back Up
To report a change, sign in to your account and select “Report a Change”. Then answer the questions that apply to you and follow the pages to update your information.


Your Eligibility Can Change When Updating Information
After you make your updates and submit your application, you’ll get a new eligibility result that will explain:

  •  If you qualify for free or low-cost Washington Apple Health or a Qualified Health and Dental Plan
  •  If you qualify for a special enrollment period
  •  Any new amount of financial help, such as tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
  •  Your new plan options in your area if you moved


Washington Apple Health
For Washington Apple Health, you must report changes by the 10th of the month after the change occurred.
For other plans, you must report changes to your account by the 15th of the month for your coverage to begin the next month.


If it is Outside Open Enrollment, You Could Qualify for Special Enrollment
For certain changes that qualify you for a special enrollment period, there are various rules that may allow you to add new members to your current coverage, or shop for new coverage altogether. Whether you can add a member or shop all depends on your current situation and the change that you report.


Learn More About Managing Your Coverage