FAQs | Washington Healthplanfinder

Washington Healthplanfinder is down for maintenance and has limited capabilities. We expect to be back online within a few hours. Get Maintenance updates.


How Do I Renew My Coverage? 

Washington Apple Health renewal occurs all year-round. You can expect to get a letter about your annual renewal with important deadline information. 

Renew Washington Apple Health Online
Sign in to your account to renew your free or low-cost Washington Apple Health coverage. 

Renew Washington Apple Health In-Person
Get help renewing in-person from a Navigator. 

Navigators are trained to help you complete or renew an application and answer any questions as you enroll. You can get help in-person and over-the-phone from a Navigator. 

Renew your Washington Apple Health through the WAPlanfinder app
Download our mobile app, WAPlanfinder, and renew directly from your phone.

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon

Renew your Washington Apple Health Over-the-Phone
Contact customer support toll-free at 1-855-923-4633
TTY/TDD 1-855-627-9604


How Do I Reset My Password?

  1. Click "Sign In"

  2. Select "Forgot Your Password"

Password Tips:

  • You'll need to make your password at least 8 characters long.
  • You can't use a previous password.

Our password requirements have been tough – that’s because Washington Healthplanfinder keeps some sensitive information. But after many of you noted to us that the password rules were too strict and that your password expires too quickly, we’ve made some changes.

Now, when you create or update your password, you can’t use a previous password and you’ll need to make it at least 8 characters long. That’s it. No more need for at least one uppercase character, lowercase character, special character, or any other special rule. It’s all up to you! And, we’ve provided a handy password strength indicator to help.

The best part? Your password no longer expires. Ever.


How Do I Report a Change?

  • To update your account information, sign in to your account and select “Report a Change”.
  • Answer the questions that apply to you and follow the pages to update your information.
  • You can do this at wahealthplanfinder.org or through WAPlanfinder, our mobile app.
  • Make sure to finish the application by electronically signing and submitting it to apply the changes.


Washington Apple Health Changes
In addition to reporting a change through your account, Washington Apple Health clients can report changes by emailing [email protected] or call HPF Customer Support at 1-855-923-4633 to report a Washington Apple Health change.


Eligibility Can Change
After you make your updates and submit your application, you’ll get a new eligibility result that will explain:

  • If you qualify for free or low-cost Washington Apple Health or a Qualified Health and Dental Plan
  • If you qualify for a special enrollment period
  • Any new amount of financial help, such as tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
  • Your new plan options in your area if you moved


What You Need to Know
For Washington Apple Health, you must report changes by the 10th of the month after the change occurred.
For other plans, you must report changes to your account by the 15th of the month for your coverage to begin the next month.

Why it's important to report changes

  • If your income estimate goes up or you lose a household member:
    • You may qualify for less savings than you’re getting now. If you don’t report the change, you could have to pay money back when you file your federal tax return.
  • If your income estimate goes down or you gain a household member:
    • You could qualify for more savings than you’re getting now. This could lower what you pay in monthly premiums.
    • You could qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Washington Apple Health 


Download the WAPlanfinder App to Update Your Information

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon


How Do I Cancel my Coverage?

Cancel for all household members
If you want to cancel coverage for all household members, click “Cancel Coverage” under “My Coverage” on your dashboard.


Cancel for some household members
If you want to cancel coverage for someone in your household, click “Report a Change in Income or Household.”
Update which household member should be removed from coverage and resubmit your application.


Cancel Washington Apple Health
If you want to cancel your Washington Apple Health coverage, call the Washington State Health Care Authority at 1-855-923-4633.


If you need help, call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.



How Do I Submit a Document?

Use the WAPlanfinder Mobile App
Download our mobile app to submit your documents with the snap of a photo. Sign in to your account, go to Document Center, upload your documents and you’re done.

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon


Submit your documents by visiting your account.

  1. Sign in to your account
  2. Click the tab “Document Center”
  3. The documents you need to submit will be under the “Documents Needed” section
  4.  Click “Upload”


Fax or Mail
You can also fax or mail a copy of your documents. We can’t return original copies to you.
Mailing documents will delay processing.

Fax number:

Washington Healthplanfinder
P.O. Box 946, Olympia, WA 98507

IMPORTANT! Don’t mail your documents if your deadline is less than 2 weeks away.

Washington Apple Health clients can also turn in documents in these additional ways:

[email protected]

Fax number:


What is a Special Enrollment Period? 

A special enrollment period (SEP) is a time outside the yearly open enrollment period when you can sign up for qualified health and dental coverage. You qualify for a special enrollment period if you’ve had certain life events, including losing health coverage, moving, getting married, having a baby, or adopting a child. The special enrollment period does not apply to free or low-cost Washington Apple Health coverage. If you qualify, you can get free or low-cost coverage Washington Apple Health year-round.

If you qualify for an SEP, you usually have up to 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan. If you miss that window, you have to wait until the next open enrollment period to apply.

You may qualify for a special enrollment period if you or anyone in your household had certain life changes in the past 60 days:

  • Got married
  • Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care
  • Got divorced or legally separated and lost health insurance. (Divorce or legal separation without losing coverage doesn’t qualify you for a special enrollment period.)
  • Loss of member in your household. You’ll be eligible for a special enrollment period if someone dies and as a result you’re no longer eligible for your current health plan
  • Moving from a location outside of Washington state or moved counties within Washington State
  • Tribal membership
  • Getting released from jail or prison
  • A change in citizenship or lawful presence status
  • Loss of other health coverage
  • Other life change



How Do I View My 1095-A Tax Form? 

Sign in to your account and select Message Center to view your tax form.

You can also go to or download the WaPlanfinder mobile app and select Message Center to view your tax form.

appstoreicon2   appstoreicon

More information on 1095-A Tax Form


How Do I View My 1095-B Tax Form?  

Everyone who receives minimum essential Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage for one or more months of the last tax year will receive an IRS tax form 1095-B. The form is not available in your message center on Washington Healthplanfinder. Request a copy of your 1095-B from Health Care Authority below. 

Request my 1095-B

More information on 1095-B Tax Form